How can we handle hotels with numerous guests, same phone #?

General Discussions
inpro

Post by inpro »

chrispizza

Post by chrispizza »

I have about 15 hotels in my trade area, and I set them up so they are all grouped in the same area, ie all with the last name hotel. When the cust orders, I put the room number in the apt number (or line 2 of the address).

-Chris
Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Scott »

You can also ring them up as a walk-in customer as I don't know why you would want to save the information on a customer that might not be back. Version 5.0 will handle telephone numbers of any length so you can use numbers with extensions, or even numbers of less than 7 digits.

Scott
chrispizza

Post by chrispizza »

Scott,
I have my menus in 5 of the local love hotels. They are a thing unique to Japan. I get about 5-6 orders a day from them, so I just change the room number for each delivery, and keep the ph number and address. Then I can keep track of where my marketing efforts are going.

-Chris
inpro

Any ideas on handling one unit rentals at the beach?

Post by inpro »

Any ideas on handling one unit rentals at the beach, thousands of homes rented weekly/daily/monthly???? Got hotels down now...
chrispizza

Post by chrispizza »

Get a laminator, and make durable menus. I have a few bars that I make menus for. I put the drink menu on one side, and my pizza menu on the other. My stuff is nicer than the b&w stuff they had been using, and customers are given my menu. We both win. You could put "important local numbers" or something of the back of your menus and bring it to the unit manager as a free service.

-Chris
inpro

Any ideas on single rental units, turning over every week?

Post by inpro »

Phone numbers and names etc. on single homes rented, with weekly turnovers...
PJsPizza

Post by PJsPizza »

If the phone number stays the same. Then I would just put in a generic name like Resident and the address as usually. You really don't need to the customers name if they won't be there but only one week.
chrispizza

Post by chrispizza »

Put the hotel name in the name section, so you can look it up easily in the customer search screen. Most people staying there dont know the phone number (even though it is written all over the place, they can't seem to find it), so they just say the name of the hotel.
We just put the cust name and room number in line 2 of the address. With menus in 8 hotels now, we get a ton of orders, and this is the easiest way I have found to handle the volume.