smaller passwords

General Discussions
cranbrook241

smaller passwords

Post by cranbrook241 »

hi .. just updated to pos 6.81 from 6.30 is there a way to make cashier passwords shorter ? Thanks Randy
Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: smaller passwords

Post by Scott »

I am assuming the FORCE PCI flag is enabled. Do the following.

1. Close all parts of the POS on all stations.
2. Log into the Management Utility from any of the stations with the full supervisor user.
3. Click "Configure" on the top tool bar, then "Global System Config".
4. Go to the "Security Settings" tab page.
5. On the top right, uncheck "Force PCI Compliance", and then click "Save and Exit".
6. Exit the management utility completely.
7. Log back in to management, and adjust any employee accounts as needed.

This flag got set because your data was likely upgraded from v5.x data at some point along the way. Following the steps above will reset it to the way that it was prior to v6.81.

Scott
cranbrook241

Post by cranbrook241 »

perfect ! thank you
synpse
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Post by synpse »

Does this "PCI COMPLIANCE" checkbox have aNYTHINg to do with EdgePay charging us an extra "PCI-NON CMPLNCE FEE"?

We are looking into mag swipe cards for employees to login with, for super speedy, "dirty hands", logins.
Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Scott »

synpse wrote:Does this "PCI COMPLIANCE" checkbox have aNYTHINg to do with EdgePay charging us an extra "PCI-NON CMPLNCE FEE"?

We are looking into mag swipe cards for employees to login with, for super speedy, "dirty hands", logins.

No, that was only there to satisfy a requirement of Mercury Payment's setup. The other processors don't need that to be enabled. You can still get the same functionality on an employee by employee basis if needed. The Force PCI simply enforces a global set of rules as a minimum on every employee.

As far as additional PCI-NON CMLNCE FEE charges are concerned, you would need to talk to your processor. I believe HPS waives those with their stand alone terminal setup. That may be the case for others too as things move in that direction.

Scott
synpse
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Post by synpse »

Yup. Heartland does not charge it. I was wondering why that box was there.

X-Charge, aka Accelerated Payments (renamed to EdgePay) would NOT remove that fee, no matter how many security scans, questionnaires, etc, whatever I did, they still charged it.