Installation error

General Discussions

Installation error

Postby pwanderson » Mon Jan 18, 2016 11:11 am

I am trying to install POS Pizza 6 but I can not get the database installation to complete. it keeps failing saying 14 = unable to o[en database file. I am installing on Windows 7 Enterprise SP 1. I have set the executables to compatible mode.

Is there something I am missing?

thank you

Site Admin

Re: Installation error

Postby Scott » Tue Jan 19, 2016 8:51 am

Make sure that you are installing to the default location of C:\POSPizza6\LT. The Program Files folder does not allow write-access for apps not running as admin.

Scott

Postby pwanderson » Tue Jan 19, 2016 9:43 am

I am installing to the default location of C:\POSPizza6\LT. I have also tried running the install as an administrator

Site Admin

Postby Scott » Tue Jan 19, 2016 12:00 pm

I have no clue what is happening, because this is the first time that I have heard of this. Error 14 is an invalid set number, which refers to multiple db files being open at once, and the creation tool only works with one at a time.

You could try disabling all AV software for a moment when creating the db.

I am attaching a default empty database to this message. The super user login is 1234, and the password is also 1234.

empty_db.zip
(15.21 KiB) Downloaded 87 times

To use the attachment, unzip it into your LT folder.

Scott

Postby pwanderson » Tue Jan 26, 2016 8:39 am

Thank you, the blank Database worked. I did try with my anti-virus turned off and it still didn't work.

A couple of other quick setup questions.

1. Are you able to have more than one console active at the same time? (two people taking orders)
2. when counting a till I notice there is no space for two dollar bills. Is there a way to add that in?

Thank you

Site Admin

Postby Scott » Wed Jan 27, 2016 8:00 am

pwanderson wrote:1. Are you able to have more than one console active at the same time? (two people taking orders)
2. when counting a till I notice there is no space for two dollar bills. Is there a way to add that in?

1. Yes, that is what our [CS] version does. It is a multi-user, multi-station, multi-module system that all works with a single shared database.

2. You can modify the denominations by editing the [DrawerCount] section in the file POSPizza.INI which is located in the main program folder.

Scott

Return to General Forum