Installation error

General Discussions
pwanderson

Installation error

Post by pwanderson »

I am trying to install POS Pizza 6 but I can not get the database installation to complete. it keeps failing saying 14 = unable to o[en database file. I am installing on Windows 7 Enterprise SP 1. I have set the executables to compatible mode.

Is there something I am missing?

thank you
Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Installation error

Post by Scott »

Make sure that you are installing to the default location of C:\POSPizza6\LT. The Program Files folder does not allow write-access for apps not running as admin.

Scott
pwanderson

Post by pwanderson »

I am installing to the default location of C:\POSPizza6\LT. I have also tried running the install as an administrator
Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Scott »

I have no clue what is happening, because this is the first time that I have heard of this. Error 14 is an invalid set number, which refers to multiple db files being open at once, and the creation tool only works with one at a time.

You could try disabling all AV software for a moment when creating the db.

I am attaching a default empty database to this message. The super user login is 1234, and the password is also 1234.
empty_db.zip
To use the attachment, unzip it into your LT folder.

Scott
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
pwanderson

Post by pwanderson »

Thank you, the blank Database worked. I did try with my anti-virus turned off and it still didn't work.

A couple of other quick setup questions.

1. Are you able to have more than one console active at the same time? (two people taking orders)
2. when counting a till I notice there is no space for two dollar bills. Is there a way to add that in?

Thank you
Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Scott »

pwanderson wrote: 1. Are you able to have more than one console active at the same time? (two people taking orders)
2. when counting a till I notice there is no space for two dollar bills. Is there a way to add that in?
1. Yes, that is what our [CS] version does. It is a multi-user, multi-station, multi-module system that all works with a single shared database.

2. You can modify the denominations by editing the [DrawerCount] section in the file POSPizza.INI which is located in the main program folder.

Scott