Not printing toppings

General Discussions
perambulate

Not printing toppings

Post by perambulate »

I seem to have successfully configured the database and my menu, but the toppings or modifiers are not being printed. The special instructions are printing. I need the toppings printed. How do I do this.
Thanks
Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Not printing toppings

Post by Scott »

perambulate wrote:I seem to have successfully configured the database and my menu, but the toppings or modifiers are not being printed. The special instructions are printing. I need the toppings printed. How do I do this.
Thanks

This is a somewhat common mistake. Go into your toppings/modifiers database, and set the Sort (Abrv) names for each topping. These are the short names that are used when printing toppings, and displaying them in various parts of the system These should be kept probably around 3-5 letters long each for best results. For Pepperoni, you could use Pep, for Mushrooms, you could use Msh, etc..

After you have set all of your toppings go to the Maintenance menu and then select the Item Toppings Validator tool and run it. This will update all of the toppings that are already set in your current inventory.

At this point you should be able to see the toppings printed, and displayed properly.

Scott