cost and hardware

General Discussions
katelyn

cost and hardware

Post by katelyn »

How much would a system with 3 order stations 1 drivers station and one admin station cost? What kind of hardware do I get? Will you guys send someone to install the hardware and configure it to my needs? How much support can I get once it is all setup?

Thank you,

katelyn
Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: cost and hardware

Post by Scott »

Our software package starts at $499.00 US which gives you the base package + 1 licensed connection. The licensed connections are used by each order-entry station or by the online ordering server. Basically any module that can create or modify an order uses a licensed connection. Other modules all use non-licensed connections. What this means is that you can run a single order entry station, with the base package, and multiples of other modules such as the managers station, drivers station, make-lines, etc.. Additional licensed connections can be added on for $189.00 US each. So if you wanted a 3-order-station setup the total software cost would be $867.00 US. You can always purchase new licensed connections at any time so you can grow the system as your needs grow.

Your hardware choices are vast. POS Pizza can run on many different types of hardware ranging from tablets, to notebooks, to desktop PCs, to all-in-one POS machines. You want a machine that runs well on its own, so you only need to meet the minimum requirements for the current version of Windows that is installed. POS Pizza can run on any version of Windows starting with XP and newer. This includes server versions of Windows and embedded Windows versions like POS 2009. It must be a full windows version however, and not Windows CE, Mobile or RT. For the Premium POS module you will need Windows 7, 8 or 10. PCI Compliance Side Note: If you are going to be processing cards using your PCs, you need to be on Windows 10.

We do not provide on-site setup or installation. We could not reasonably do that at the prices that we charge for our software. You will either need to do it yourself, or hire a local (or national) company to assist you. The basic install is very easy and is no more difficult than installing something like Microsoft Office. The menu creation portion is time consuming, but not hard. If you spend some time with our tutorial videos on menu creation (and other things. Found here: http://forums.summitcn.com/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=1387 ) and reading the provided documentation, you should really have no major problems installing your system. The hardest parts would probably be the networked sharing of printers, so if you can do that, you should be able to complete your installation.

Note: Installations where online ordering will be installed, are much trickier, and professional outside help should be used to make sure that you set everything up correctly for the online ordering. The basic POS system however, can be done by anyone with minor computer know-how.

With your purchase of the base package, you get 3 hours of telephone support, and unlimited support here in the forums. Most people rarely ever use more than 2 hours, so the phone support time should be more than adequate. These hours never expire, so if you used 2 for setup, you would still have an hour remaining that will be good even 2 or 3 years down the road. They are used in increments of 1 minute, so they tend to last a long time. If you run out, you can always purchase another 3-hour block of hours for $129 US.

Scott
Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Scott »

I just changed this message thread so that it will remain at the top of the list, since this question does come up kind of often.

Scott
katelyn

Post by katelyn »

Hello, I am still unclear on the hardware. Do you give us the hardware we choose, or do I need to purchase the hardware separately? What about cash register drawers and slip printers and label printers? Touch screen stuff? Other things?

Am I understanding that you only sell the software? $825.00 for only software? That seems really high or I am maybe misunderstanding something here.

Thank you,

katelyn
Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Scott »

We sell the POS Pizza software only. You have to provide or purchase your own hardware. You can get a list of preferred POS specific hardware here from POS World.

Our software is priced well below average for POS systems. There are no additional software costs, subscriptions or recurring fees. You pay $825.00 for the 3-station license, and you own it. Upgrades within the 6.x series are all free, and any major upgrades within 1 Yr of your purchase are also free.

Scott
katelyn

Post by katelyn »

Okay I have been doing a lot of research over the past few days. I like what your system has to offer and still have a few questions. I noticed on that link for hardware that they are showing a thermal printer. Won't the slips turn black if they're taped on to the pizza box? Should I buy an impact or ink jet printer instead? Any model recommendations for those? Will this system run okay on older computers that are about 2 or 3 years old? I am thinking about buying used hardware to save a little money. Is that a bad idea?

Thank you,

Katelyn
Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Scott »

Thermal slips generally won't darken just from taping them onto a hot pizza box. If you put the box with the slip on it, on top of your oven or some place hot, then I suppose the chance for the slip to darken increases. Maybe some others who are using thermal printers will add comment here. I do know that there are a lot of people using them so they must not be having that problem with them.

For impact printers we would recommend the Epson TM-U220 (two color). It can print in red and black, which is nice for highlighting certain things.

The thermal includes an auto-cutter which does a partial cut and is a nice feature when things get busy. The slips continue to print, but can easily be pulled apart into the individual tickets when you get the chance.

The system will run fine on older computers. I would just say that make sure that they are only slightly older, like off-lease computers. If the machine is too old it may not last as long and therefore isn't worth the lower price in headaches that it will cause later. Also make sure that any PC that you use has Windows 7 or newer on it because if you plan on processing credit cards, the PCI council will no longer allow machines running XP to be compliant since Windows discontinued OS patches for XP this past April. You could get away with Windows Vista, but it will be next for Microsoft to discontinue support for, so I would go with 7 if you can.

Scott