Streets Import

General Discussions
valentino pizza cafe

Streets Import

Post by valentino pizza cafe »

Hi Scott,
I've been trying to import all my area's street names into the system but it seems not to happening. I go to maintanance and select import streets. I have a CSV file in excel sheets with addresses in one row saved and closed, but it does not import them all. I think it only imports the ones that are already exist, because after importing some, I went and made an order to see if the new street entered is there, but it wasn't.

can you please tell me what exactly I should do?

also how can I print the google map directions on my dockets?\\

thank you kindly

Valentino Pizza Cafe
Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Streets Import

Post by Scott »

Hi,

It won't import the ones that already exist. It will import any that aren't already in the database. Make sure that you align all of the fields correctly when you bring in the streets. Use the **Blank Place Holder** for items that are in the incoming CSV file that don't apply to your database. POS Pizza is only interested in the street name, and the postal code (if applicable). When you click on the center box in the import tool, it will show the POS Pizza column name, make sure that the CSV column correctly corresponds with each POS Pizza column. Once these are lined up properly, then do the import.

To get the Google Maps directions into your database, use the driver console and highlight the order in the list and then click on the map & directions button. If the user doing this has enough rights, he can copy the Google directions into the customer directions field. There is no automated way to do this since this data is coming in from a web page.

Scott