Menu Items on the side

General Discussions
Hometown Pizzeria

Menu Items on the side

Post by Hometown Pizzeria »

We have allot of people who order items and they want one of the toppings put on the side rather than on the Pizza, Calzone, Stromboli, Subs or other items. The POS we have been running always allowed you to do regular, 1/2's. 1/4's or double on either of the sections or have it placed on the side of the ordered item. How do you guys deal with items on the side? Such as say a pizza, Calzone, Stromboli with say Hot Peppers on the side? We also run into it with Fries with gravy or cheese on the side or hot peppers on the side?

I love the software and never thought it would not be a option to place something on the side rather than on or in the item being ordered.
H-Man
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Re: Menu Items on the side

Post by H-Man »

For things like calzone you can make an extra set of toppings for the ones that are common, like sauce. You would have sauce or side sauce. For other toppings, I would just use the special instructions. I'm sure getting into slices, side, 1/4, 1/3 options would get messy. The side button wouldn't be too bad, but when you get into quarters and thirds, you would be adding another 7 buttons. I personally rarely use those and when I do the special instructions work just fine.
Hometown Pizzeria

Post by Hometown Pizzeria »

Thank you for your information the special instructions would work for non regular items.

Keith
MarkD29

Post by MarkD29 »

Hometown Pizzeria wrote:Thank you for your information the special instructions would work for non regular items.

Keith
You could also add a "large side" option which lists all your toppings so they could actually be selected and printed out without having to use non inventory.