Charging for Toppings when first topping is free

General Discussions
supremospizzeria

Charging for Toppings when first topping is free

Post by supremospizzeria »

For our salads, we have it setup so that your first dressing is free, as it should be. Only once you add a second dressing should it charge you. I have checked numerous times to make sure that all the settings are the same, however on about 75% of our dressing for only 3 of our salads, it is charging for the first dressing. I've tried to fix this a few times now with no luck. Any suggestions? Trouble shooting?

Thanks
Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Charging for Toppings when first topping is free

Post by Scott »

Make sure that the dressings are marked "Is a Topping" and that on the pricing page that you include 1 topping free of charge. Also make sure that other toppings are not marked "Is a Topping" so that it only counts dressings.

Scott
supremospizzeria

I've doubled and tripled checked this. Compared it to the salads that are working correctly and everything is the same. It appears to be a glitch in the system. I deleted the salads that gave me issues and put them back in, all settings the same as before, and now it works. There's a glitch somewhere.
H-Man
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Post by H-Man »

I've never seen any problem with this feature. I use it all the time. After you save the topping, you have to also save the master item. I've mistakenly hit the close button instead of save before aborting my new changes to my toppings or other places.
supremospizzeria

Yeah that's not the issue with me. I had it set correctly and checked each item and topping to be sure. It was fine for 2 weeks and then suddenly some did not work.

***EDIT****

I meant to post this last year. I fixed it by simply deleting the item and recreating the item. I'm still not sure to this day what went wrong, but I have not had an issue since!